Sunday, September 22, 2013

Boxy Stars




So my original thought for this piece was that it needed something curvy and swirly to soften the hard, straight geometric lines. It's a wedding present, so the customer asked for “something special.”



But, for some reason I went ahead and stitched it in the ditch before knowing what I was really going to do. After that, I tried to put feathers in the negative space. Whoa, Nelly! That just did not look right! So, out they came.



 

And, then the quilt spoke to me and I knew right then and there, it needed wide diagonals! My creative side had to play with the direction of the diagonals, and so I switched around anytime I thought it would look better. And, it does!
 
 
 
 
 
And, was I ever glad that I had put in the stitch in the ditch, which made it so easy to travel from one diagonal to the next. Karma!



We're all here for a spell; get all the good laughs you can.”

                                                                     Will Rogers

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a great quilt. I think you made the right choice on the quilting. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete