Tuesday, November 12, 2013

K.I.S.S. It!


 


When I'm deciding what kind of designs to put on a quilt, I often think to go the more elaborate; fancy feathers and such. But, sometimes, the more simple motifs fit a specific quilt.



Like this one...it's kind of whimsical in its choice of fabrics. So, I decided a more basic, but still graceful, feather was more appropriate. The feather running through the colors is vein-less, so it only takes one pass. And, I find it runs around corners very easily, too. The paths vary in width from 2 ¾ to 4 inches, and the feather adapts happily.



For the black path, a little more, but still a rather simple vine runs through the space.



So, sometimes I have to remember to Keep It Simple, Silly!



And no, it was not easy quilting gold thread (Glide Cleopatra) on black fabric with little white dots on it. It was so hard to see the quilting line. But, I 'm very pleased with the result.





A wise man sometimes changes his mind, a fool never.

No comments:

Post a Comment