Thursday, December 26, 2013

Another Landscape from my class


 


This student went toward the realistic side and used fabrics with designs that depict the clouds, trees, flowers, water and desert. The creek even has a pebbled bank on each side.



 



So, quilting it was just a little different than the usual textures. I just had to follow the clouds in the sky fabric. I echoed each colored area in the sky to get the density of quilting that I wanted.



 



And, I put a forest of Ponderosa Pines in the dark green area. The fabric beneath that already had trees, so I just outlined them.








Of course, the creek had to get a swirly water treatment. But, other than that – texture, texture, texture!



 






And, just for a little seasonal fun, here's a picture of a “modified” deer caution sign I took in Bridgeport, California, this past Fall.



 




The end of all exploring will be to arrive where we started and to see it for the first time.”
                                                                                    Anon.




No comments:

Post a Comment