Saturday, February 15, 2014

Bass Quilt



Isn't this a fun quilt?!! A friend's husband is a big bass fisherman and she created this quilt to celebrate his passion. This was so much fun to quilt.



I used two layers of wool batting, cut into circles, to give the big applique bubbles their roundness. I sprayed the batting circles with quilt basting spray to hold them in place.



Then I quilted a long stream of pebbles in white thread to look like bubbles rising to the surface. They were a little harder to do than I expected...pebbles can be round or oval...but bubbles have to be really round.



The fish and the worm on the hook will get buttons or beads for eyes and a ribbon will connect to the hook before it's done.



I've said it before, I love happy quilts and these bass fish look very happy! (Maybe not so much the worm!)



The greatest act of courage is to be and own all that you are. Without apology. Without
excuses and without any masks to cover the truth of who you truly are.”

Anon.

1 comment:

  1. Fun quilting here! And thanks for sharing your super-easy approach for the trapunto on the circles - I would have wanted that extra puff, but I wouldn't have thought to just spray them into place and taken way more time to do the whole baste-it-down stuff and cut it away. I like your way MUCH better!

    ReplyDelete