Monday, September 21, 2015

Ta Da Done!



Two and a half years after I started it, my blue and white medallion quilt is finally finished!



After discovering the Zentangle art form several years ago, I knew I wanted to use some of the designs as inspiration for quilting. And, that is what I have tried to do with my quilt. The next picture is of a tangle named Leaflet. It translated beautifully to continuous line quilting and looks, I think, quite smashing in the bright blue thread. (I used four colors of blue Glide thread over this quilt, in addition to Aurifil clear nylon for the stitch in the ditch.)



The odd shaped dark blue batik corner was a definite challenge. I sketched, stitched and ripped out designs for 2 whole days until I settled on this swash, inspired by the tangles Finery and FeatherFall. The actual FeatherFall also appears in the aqua triangle.




In the star's background fabric, I was inspired by the tangle Cockles and Mussels.



And, the center is based on a lotus mandala.





You do not know Zentangle? Google it or search for it on Pinterest. It is a relaxing way for anyone to draw beautiful designs, one stroke at a time!

Happy Doodling!



2 comments:

  1. The quilting is awesome, the color is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kitchen Angel! I'm thrilled that you like it!

      Delete