Thursday, October 22, 2015

Paradise in Blooms

I'm glad someone is willing to take on one of these fantastic Judy Niemeyer patterns. I'm sure that I could never piece one of these. I find it hard enough just to quilt them! I found several on google, although not too many pics that show the quilting. So, here are mine.




I may have gotten carried away with this one. I used eight different threads, including Aurifil invisible.




Texture! That's what you get on this one. Wool batting helps that a lot. You can leave triangle shapes open so that they fluff up wonderfully. Thanks also to dense fills.




Fun photo of the back shows the various thread colors. I did not want any thread to scream too loud on the front, so I chose to match thread colors as much as possible.





Whew! She's done and ready to go back to her owner.

2 comments:

  1. amazing work...I wish I had 1/10 of your quilting talent. Congratulations on a job well donex10

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is amazing, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete