Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Blocks 5 – 8



So, here we are again with Row 2.



Block 5 has lots of space, so I filled it up with paisleys. Sweet.



Block 6 also has space, so we have pebbles with occasional shells.



Block 7 – Oooh, I'm so happy with how this turned out. After outlining the interior petals and leaf spaces, I was at a loss as how to quilt the background because there are still a lot of teeny spaces formed by the leaves along the edge of the design. It just popped into my head to echo those shapes a couple of times. Then what? Keep going! The echos fill the space out to the boundary. So cool.



Block 8 is a little more open than the reindeer was, so I have added little feathers to the continuous curl design.


I've got some non-quilty commitments during the rest of this week, so progress on Row 3 will be slower. See you when I get it finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment